#14 NOTRE-DAME against #8 DUKE
Date/Time: Saturday, March 26 — 1:00 p.m.
Venue: Arlotta Stadium
Live stream: ACCNX
Live Stats: Click Here
Twitter updates: @NDWomensLax
Play Notes (PDF)
- The Irish return home for a match against the Duke Blue Devils at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday March 26.
- Live stats will be available and the game will be broadcast on ACCNX.
- After nine games, Madison Ahern leads the team with 30 goals.
- Maddie Howe reached a new career high last week against the Yale Bulldogs with seven goals.
- Hannah Dorney leads the Irish with 16 turnovers caused and currently ranks fourth in the ACC with an average of 1.56 turnovers caused per game.
- Bridget Deehan over the past four games has recorded a save percentage of over fifty percent and now ranks first in the ACC in saves per game.
- Notre Dame is coming off a 2021 campaign in which it finished 11-7 and earned an NCAA Tournament berth.
THE NOTRE-DAME – DUKE SERIES
- The Irish and the Blue Devils will meet for the 22nd time on Saturday with Duke holding a 12-9 advantage in the overall series.
- Notre Dame and Duke last met on March 28, 2021 when the Irish picked up a 13-9 victory over the Blue Devils.
- In the last meeting, Bridget Deehan’s six ground balls were a career high and her 12 saves are tied for second most in a single game in her career.
- Coach Halfpenny spent two seasons (2004-06) as an assistant coach with Duke.
HOW DOES SHE DO IT
- In the 2022 season opener against Central Michigan, Maddie Howe notched her 200th career point.
- In the game against the Chippewas Howe had four goals and an assist to propel her to the 200th point.
- Howe reached a new career high with seven goals in the game against Yale on March 20, 2022.
- She is currently seventh in program history with 214 career points.
GIRLS FOR DADDY/COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Notre Dame Women’s Lacrosse dedicates a portion of its season each year to raising awareness and funding for the Harper Cancer Research Institute through its Daughters for Dads (D4D) campaign.
- The program has just launched its eighth annual D4D campaign and fundraising efforts, including a virtual 5K.
- For the 2022 Daughters for Dads campaign, you can find more information on donations, 5K registration and more through the Notre Dame Women’s Lacrosse social media platforms.
100 POINT CLUB
- In the 2022 season, two Irishmen scored their 100th career point.
- Kasey Choma scored his 100th point in the 20-5 win over Jacksonville on March 13.
- Madison Ahern picked up her 100th career point in the thrilling 12-10 win over the No. 13-ranked Virginia Cavaliers.
- There are three active players who have surpassed the 100 career point mark; Maddie Howe, Kasey Choma and Madison Ahern.