SOUTH PLIAGE, Ind. – Notre Dame Women’s Volleyball is back on the road for its eighth straight road game of the year as it travels to Florida State to open ACC play this Friday, the 23rd September at 6:30 p.m. The Irish will then travel to Miami on Sunday, September 25 to face the Hurricanes at 1 p.m. Notre Dame has won four of its last five games as they head into conference play 5-5.
Friday, September 23 – Notre Dame @ Florida State – 6:30 p.m. (ACCNX | Live Stats)
Sunday September 25 – Notre Dame @ Miami – 1:00 p.m. (ACCNX | Live Stats)
Notre Dame game notes (PDF)
• The ACC game has arrived! Notre Dame travels to Tallahassee, Fla. on Friday for its first ACC road trip as it takes on Florida State on Friday, Sept. 23 at 6:30 p.m.
• The Irish then travel to Miami, Florida to face the Hurricanes on Sunday 25 September at 13:00.
STORY AGAINST. STATE OF FLORIDA
• This will be the 20th meeting between the Irish and the Seminoles with FSU leading the general standings 5-14.
• Last season, Notre Dame finished 1-1 against Florida State in the ACC.
• The Irish lost to the Seminoles in four sets (21-25, 26-24, 16-25, 23-26) at home in September last season, but turned things around by traveling to Florida. The Irish beat the Seminoles in three (25-22, 25-22, 25-23) in their last game on November 21, 2021.
• The Seminoles finished fifth in the ACC last season.
STORY AGAINST. MIAMI
• This will be the 18th meeting between the Irish and the Hurricanes with the Irish leading the series 9-8.
• The last match between Notre Dame and Miami took place on September 26, 2021, where the Irish lost in three (21-25, 15-25, 22-25) at home at Purcell Pavilion.
BULLDOG BRAWL FROM LAST WEEKEND
• The Irish ended the weekend 2-0 beating Central Michigan in their first three-set victory of the year (25-12, 25-19, 25-21) on Friday September 16 and defeated the Bobcats of Ohio in fours (25-23, 23-25, 25-21, 25-15) on Saturday, September 17.
• Phyona Schrader was selected to the All-Tournament Squad after registering 58 assists, 28 digs and 13 kills in the tournament. Schrader also finished with a .615 hit percentage and eight kills in the win over Ohio.
• Rookie Lucy Trump finished with 21 kills over the weekend, followed by Kaylyn Winkler with 17 who had a .467 hit percentage Friday against CMU and a .471 hit percentage Saturday against Ohio.
• Winkler and Lauren Tarnoff combined for 11 blocks in the win over the Chippewas as Tarnoff recorded six blocks and Winkler recorded five.
• Tarnoff also finished with a .474 hit percentage and 10 kills in the win over Ohio.