The International Baccalaureate introduced the TOK test, or test on the theory of knowledge. It is approximately 1600 words and is assessed by an oral presentation. The essay subject is normally chosen according to guidelines set by the IB.
Students who enroll in the IB program at their schools must perform well on the TOK test. It is required to obtain IB endorsement for their degree.
What is the purpose of writing a TOK essay?
The purpose of writing a TOK essay is to delve into and establish the cause for conducting the study. It helps to understand the practical applications and the real applications of the courses we study in school. As a result, it is a wonderful method to facilitate the learning application of the academic essay.
A TOK essay is excellent for increasing students’ knowledge and awareness of their personal assumptions. It welcomes a diverse approach through different viewpoints. It helps students develop their own philosophy and vision for a screenplay. This is what it takes to perform well on the IB TOK writing task. If you get this type of assignment in school and don’t know how to write it, you can always take advantage of the expertise of a professional. essayist.
TOK Essay Structure and Format Best Practices
It is important to follow a precise structure and format if you want to achieve high results in writing projects. Assuming you will outsource this mission, when choosing a thesis editor for this project, make sure they are familiar with TOK testing.
Let us walk you through the steps of writing a TOK essay.
Introduction: The number of words must be between 150 and 200.
- Discuss the title of your essay and what makes it appealing.
- Terms listed in the title should be defined.
- Now choose the AoK (area of knowledge) for the essay and explain why it is a great choice.
- Write a thesis statement whether you agree, disagree, or mostly agree with the title of the essay.
- Next, provide a summary of the background to your essay. It usually includes real-world instances, etc.
Paragraph 1 of the main body: The number of words must be between 250 and 350.
- Investigate the first area of expertise of your choice here. Share your thoughts on why the AoK supports or opposes the title.
- Consider using a concrete example to illustrate your point.
- Use the WoK to explain why the real world examples support or contradict your TOK essay topic.
- Explain and say if this is a one-of-a-kind example. Discuss if the example is relevant for most of the AoK.
Paragraph 2 of the main body: The maximum number of words is 250 to 350.
- Provide a counter-argument to the example in the previous paragraph.
- Share a real example in the same AoK that contradicts the example in the previous paragraph. Use another WoK (Way of Knowing).
- End the paragraph by returning to the title. Share how your first AoK supports or opposes the thesis statement.
Paragraph 3 of the main body: Maintain a word count of 250 to 350.
- You need to examine and investigate the second AoK using real instances. Describe it further using the appropriate WoKs.
Paragraph 4 of the main body: The word limit is 250 to 350.
- As before, make a counterclaim that references the previous example. Then, using the title as a guide, demonstrate whether or not the second AoK supports the thesis.
Main body Paragraph 5
- It is not mandatory. If the word limit of the TOK essay allows, you can insert another paragraph. You can compare and contrast the second AoK here.
- Rephrase your thesis or return to the title. After a thorough examination of the title, provide an overview. It is better to find a balance between the arguments. Share your knowledge and provide examples to back it up.
- Emphasize the importance of the answer to the question.
Writing a Winning TOK Essay
Here are some fascinating strategies to help you improve your TOK essay writing skills! You should also know that the experts at http://us.grademiners.com are able to provide a quality ToK essay if you do not have the skills to write this type of assignment.
Understanding AOK and WOK: The two most crucial aspects of writing a TOK essay are knowledge areas and knowledge methods. They help display the breadth of knowledge of a question. Accordingly, stir in nearly 2-3 WOK and AOK.
Understanding of terminology: You should be familiar with the terminology associated with the TOK essay title. It helps you achieve a higher mark on the task.
Counter your preferences: It is an effective method for developing meaningful assertions and arguments. When you tackle a personal bias in writing your TOK essay, you get a fresh perspective on the subject.
To research: Work on your research skills and research new sources. It helps in the development of a solid argument that supports the thesis from all sides. You can check notes, appropriate websites, or even seek professional advice.
Make an outline: The outline helps with the logical organization of the whole text. This ensures that you cover all the key aspects and create a good write-up.
Review previous TOK trials: Reviewing previously prepared TOK tests is usually a good idea. You can learn to establish the tone and the transition between two arguments.
Here is an article that might interest you: 5 Amazing Tips for Writing Your Essay Effectively
The TOK essay follows a precise strategy to write effective copy on the specified topic. Knowing how to write a TOK essay will help you get IB grades.
Accordingly, one must be able to think critically and construct arguments as well as counter-arguments. We have also provided tips on how to write a well-structured and informative essay.
Jilian Wood is a top-notch writer with 7 years of experience in academic papers: all types of essays, research, and dissertations. When it comes to A+ academic writing, you might not find anyone better. Jilian also holds a master’s degree in journalism. She is also a guest contributor on various news resources, covering the most trending topics.