The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced the holding of a Interuniversity Essay Writing Competition in collaboration with the Ministry of Planning, Development and Special Initiatives on the occasion of the 75th Independence Day.
The Interuniversity Essay Writing Competition aims to sensitize Pakistani youth to analyze the opportunities and challenges facing the country and identify its role in the development of Pakistan through critical thinking, creativity and productive engagement.
Moreover, the competition will provide the contestants with the opportunity to show off their English or Urdu writing skills and get a change to win huge cash rewards.
Subjects (English and Urdu)
- Pakistan’s development journey from 1947 to 2022; Lessons learned vis-à-vis other countries.
- Pakistan in 2047: National Youth Aspirations.
Eligibility criteria for the HEC interuniversity essay writing competition
You can apply for the HEC Interuniversity Essay Writing Competition if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be Pakistani Citizen / AJK
- Must be a regular university student
- Maximum age limit is 25 years old
- Students can only participate in one language (English or Urdu).
- The word count for the essay should be between 2500 and 3000 words.
- The English essay should be typed in “Times New Roman” with a 12 point font and 1.5 line spacing.
- The Urdu essay should be typed and not handwritten.
- Both types of entries must be converted to PDF files.
How to apply and participate
The essay must be submitted with completed Registration Form.
In addition, the candidate must send the essay with the registration form to [email protected] and hard copies thereof to be mailed to the following address:
Mrs. Saher Mirza
Deputy Director (academics)
Higher Education Commission
- The deadline for submission is August 26, 2022
- Please note that incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified.
Price (English and Urdu)
- 1st Position Rs. 500,000
- 2n/a Position Rs. 300,000
- 3rd Position Rs. 200,000
- 4e -tene Position Rs. 100,000 (each)
Read more: Intermediate exams in Karachi postponed due to rain.