- You can draw on your iPhone in the Photos or Notes app.
- In the Photos app, you can draw over existing photos with the markup tool, which lets you choose different colors and drawing styles.
- You can also use the annotation tool to create new drawings in the Notes application.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
Without a stylus, your iPhone designs might not look very good. And frankly, unless you are a talented artist, you might not be creating any masterpieces drawn on an iPhone.
That said, it’s fun to draw on your iPhone, and the doodles you create can enhance a photo, charm a friend, or just have fun creatively.
IPhone’s Photos app and Notes app come with all the tools you need to create colorful sketches, and both make it easy to share your illustrations with others.
Here’s how to do it.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (from $ 999.99 at Best Buy)
How to draw on your iPhone in the Photos app
1. Open the photo you want to draw on and make sure to duplicate it if you want to keep a copy of the original. (Duplicate the image by tapping the lower left icon, the one with an arrow pointing up out of a box, then swiping to the word “Duplicate” in the lower toolbar).
2. Tap the word “Edit” in the upper right corner of the photo.
3. Tap the circle with three dots at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the “Tagging” icon.
You can now select different drawing styles, from marker to pen, pencil and brush. You can also choose the colors you want to use to draw directly on the photo.
When done, tap the yellow word “Done” followed by the blue word “Done” and the photo will be saved with your artwork added.
How to draw on your iPhone in the Notes app
1. Launch the Notes application.
2. Tap the icon at the bottom right of a pencil on paper.
3. Tap the icon of a pen tip in a circle.
4. Choose the type of pen, pencil or brush by tapping on the markup icon, select your color and draw.
The design will be saved when you tap the word “Notes” to return to the previous menu.