Apple Notes has come a long way since its introduction. In iOS 14, the Notes app received further enhancements. It now supports handwriting recognition, handwriting note copying and pasting, cool iOS 14 widgets, and more. Like this, Apple has released several features for the Notes app in the past that users don’t know about. In this article, we are going to cover the note pinning feature which allows users to quickly access important notes. So here’s how to pin notes in Apple Notes on iPhone and iPad.
Pin notes in the Apple Notes app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Before continuing with this guide, be sure to check out our other guides on Apple Notes where we discussed features like locking individual notes in Apple Notes, accessing notes from the lock screen, sharing Notes application folders, etc.
That being said, let’s move on to our tutorial, shall we? There are several ways to pin notes in Apple Notes, and we’ll cover them all below. So, launch the Apple Notes app and let’s get started.
Pin a note in the Apple Notes app on iPhone and iPad
1. The easiest way to pin a note in Apple Note is to swipe left to right on a note. You can either swipe all the way to pin the note, or swipe halfway, then tap the pin icon.
2. You can also pin a note by touch and hold a note (Haptic Touch) to open the contextual menu and select the “Pin Note” option.
3. To pin an open note, tap the three-dot menu at the top right then press the “Pin” button.
Pin a note in the Apple Notes app on Mac
1. To pin a note on Mac, slide from left to right on the note with two fingers. Just like on the iPhone, you can either swipe all the way or stop halfway and then tap the pin icon.
2. You can also pin a note by selecting it, then go to File -> Pin note.
3. The last way to pin a note on Mac is to right click on the note and choose the Pin note option.
Pin notes to the top of the Apple Notes app in iOS and macOS
As you can see, iPhone (iPad) and Mac have three different ways to pin a note. You can use any of the above methods that you remember to pin and unpin a note. For me, the easiest to use and remember is to swipe left to right on a note. Let me know your preferred method by writing in the comments below.