- You can use Notes in iCloud through your
iPhone, iPad, Where Mac, or in a browser using the iCloud website, to create, edit, and view synced notes.
- To see your notes on the iCloud website, you need to turn on Note Sync using the Settings app on each of your
- To view, create, and edit notes in iCloud, open the iCloud website and start the Notes web app.
Apple includes a handy Notes app on all of its devices, so you can leave messages and reminders for yourself as well as take notes in meetings or classes.
If you turn on Notes in iCloud, these notes will automatically stay synced across all your devices, and you can read or edit these notes in the Notes app on any of your devices or in a web browser.
How to Sync Notes Using iCloud on iPhone or iPad
1. You need to start by making sure that you sync Notes with all of your Apple devices.
2. On each iPhone and iPad that uses the same Apple ID, start the Settings app and tap your name at the top of the screen.
3. Tap “iCloud”.
4. In the list of apps using iCloud, make sure Notes is turned on by sliding the button to the right.
How to sync Notes using iCloud on a Mac
1. Open the System Preferences app on your Mac computer.
2. At the top of the System Preferences window, click the “Apple ID” icon next to your name.
3. Click iCloud in the menu on the left side of the Apple ID screen.
4. On the right side, scroll down until you see Notes, then check the box next to it. This will sync the Notes app on your Mac with iCloud and all of your other devices.
To note: If you don’t want to sync notes with a particular device, slide the switch to the left. You will need to confirm that you want to do this and then all notes will be deleted from this device. After that, you can create notes on this device, but they won’t sync with iCloud service or any of your other devices. To start synchronization, you can simply reactivate Notes.
How to use Notes on iCloud website
You’re not limited to writing, editing, and reading notes in the Notes app on your Apple devices; you can also do this in a browser on any computer.
1. Open iCloud.com in a web browser and sign in with your Apple ID if necessary.
2. Click on “Notes”.
3. You should now see a list of all the notes that are syncing from your devices. Click on a note in the list and you can start adding text or editing that note.
You can also use the toolbar at the top of the Notes web page to edit your notes. The first icon lets you create a new note, while the other three icons let you edit a note by adding a table, adding a checkbox, and formatting the text. Additionally, there is a trash can icon to delete the current note on the far right of the toolbar.