Google docsoffers five resume templates, making it easy to customize a resume while still using a standard and professional layout.
- To get started, open Google Docs and click on Template Gallery, then click on the template you want to use as the basis for your resume.
- You can also choose a template and create a resume using the Google Docs mobile app.
There are many resources available to you when you need to create a resume. You can use the templates that come with Microsoft Word, for example, or try one of the many free or paid resume makers online.
If you use Google Docs frequently, maybe the easiest solution is to just write your resume there. Google includes five resume templates in Google Docs – here’s how to use them.
There are five resume templates in Google Docs offering a wide variety of resume styles. Here’s how to choose a resume template and create a resume in Google Docs.
How to use the Google Docs resume template on a computer
1. Open Google docs in a web browser and make sure you’re signed in to your Google Account.
2. On the Google Docs home page, click Template gallery in the upper right corner, to the right of Start a new document.
3. Find the marked line CV. Here you will find five CV formats. You can see what everyone likes as a thumbnail. To take a closer look at the resume (or just start working), click on the resume.
Quick advice: If you do not see any pattern or the Temple gallery link on the Google Docs home page, it is hidden. To display it, click on the three-line menu at the top left, choose Settings, and click the checkbox to select Show recent models on home screens.
When you select a resume template, Google Docs makes a copy of it and opens it as a new document titled
How to use the Google Docs resume template on a mobile device
It’s much more convenient to create a resume on a computer – the screen is bigger and it’s easier to type a lot of text. But if you want or need to work on a mobile device, Google makes it easy for you.
1. Start the Google Docs app on your phone or tablet.
2. Press the New document button (it looks like a plus sign).
3. In the pop-up window, tap Choose the model.
4. Find the marked line CV. Here you will find the same five resume formats that are available in a browser on the computer. When you find the one you want, tap it.
Google Docs makes a copy of the CV template and opens it as a new document called CV. You can now start to edit and customize it.
How to create a Google document on your computer or mobile device
How to share a Google document to collaborate and edit documents with others
How to create and edit a table of contents in Google Docs to easily access sections of a document
How to reverse the image search on Google to find information related to a specific photo