SOUTH BEND, Ind. — The ninth-ranked Notre Dame baseball team (12-4) returns home to start a five-game home game Tuesday. The Irish are set to face regional foes Northwestern (6-10) on Tuesday to start their first homestand of the 2022 season. The Irish hit the road after last week’s home opener against Valparaiso. Tuesday’s matchup is slated for a first launch at 4 p.m. ET and will air nationally on the ACC Network. Admission is free to all regular season games at Frank Eck Stadium this season.
|Match:||Northwestern (6-10) vs. No. 9 Notre Dame (12-4)|
|When:||tuesday march 22|
|Likely beginners:||TBA vs LHP Jack Findlay (2-0, 0.00 ERA)|
|Or:||South Bend, Indiana | Frank Eck Stadium|
|Admission:||Free for all fans|
|.739||The Irish are 17-6 (.739) at home under head coach Link Jarrett. Notre Dame is 4-0 against non-conference opponents at home under Jarrett and has won all three games at the 2021 South Bend Regional.|
|.750||The Irish are 57-19 (.750) since the start of the 2020 season. That winning percentage ranks tied for sixth in the NCAA over the past three seasons.|
|.750||The Irish are 12-4 (.750) to start the 2022 season. It’s the best start to the season for the Irish since 2015 when the Irish also went 12-4 to start the season.|
|.990||Notre Dame ranks second in the NCAA in fielding percentage with a .990 mark this season. The Irish have committed just six errors in 430 strikeout opportunities this season.|
|1||The Irish allowed just one hit in a 3-1 win over Minnesota on March 6. That’s the fewest hits allowed in a game since April 18, 2007, when the Irish allowed a hit in a 1-0 10-inning win over Purdue.|
|1.16||Notre Dame is 12th in the NCAA and third in the ACC with a 1.16 WHIP this season. They allowed 104 hits and 62 walks in 143.1 innings pitched.|
|6.53||The Irishman is seventh in the NCAA and second in the ACC with 6.53 hits allowed per nine innings. They allowed 104 hits in 143.1 innings pitched this season.|
|8||The Irish scored eight unanswered points in the 8-4 win over No. 17 NC State on March 11. State.|
|11.5||The Irish rank eighth in the NCAA and third in the ACC in strikeouts per nine innings with an 11.5. The Irish pitching team has struck out 183 in 143.1 innings this season.|
|15||In the 20-2 win over Marist, 15 different Irish players registered a hit. That’s the most players with a hit in a game for the Irish in the last 16 years. The previous record was 13 against Georgetown in 2008.|
|57||Outfielder Spencer Myers has 57 interceptions in his Irish career and ranks eighth all-time in program history for most career interceptions. He trails AJ Pollock by four for seventh place in program history.|
Irish Begin Homestand with Northwestern
- The Irish are back at home at Frank Eck Stadium as they open their first homestand of the season, starting with a game against Northwestern on Tuesday.
- Tuesday’s game will be the first of five consecutive home games, as the Irish have only played one home game this season in the first 16 games.
- It will be the 137th all-time meeting between the two schools and the Irish hold a 75-60-1 record against the Wildcats and are 46-28 in games played at Notre Dame.
- The Irish are currently on a three-game winning streak against the Wildcats and this will be the first meeting between the two schools since the 2019 season.
- The Irish won both matchups against the Wildcats in 2019, 6-2 at Notre Dame and 12-4 at Evanston, to sweep the season series.
- Spencer Myers, Jared Miller and Jack Zyska had a team-high four hits each in two games against the Wildcats.
- Zyska led the team with 5 RBIs and Myers hit her first career home run against Northwestern in the 12-4 win at Evanston.
- Northwestern enters the game with a 6-10 record and they are yet to reach the Big Ten portion of their schedule. They went 2-0 last weekend after wins over Evansville at Evanston.
- The Irish remained ranked in all six polls through Tuesday and are ranked 9th in Perfect Game’s weekly rankings.
- Notre Dame continues to have one of the best fielding and pitching teams in the country.
- The Irishman ranks No. 2 in the NCAA in fielding percentage (.990), seventh in hits allowed per nine innings (6.53) and eighth in strikeouts per nine innings (11.5) .
- Notre Dame is 17-6 (.739) at home under head coach Link Jarrett in his three seasons at the helm.
Among the best in the nation
- Since the start of the 2020 season, the Irish have been one of the most consistent teams over the past three seasons.
- Notre Dame is 57-19, good for a .750 winning percentage in that span.
- This ranks tied for sixth in the NCAA, behind Tennessee, Arkansas, Old Dominion, Texas, Vanderbilt, and tied with Texas Tech.
|school||Record since 2020||Win percent.|
|UC Santa Barbara||66-26||.717|
- Among ACC teams, the Irish have the best winning percentage over the past three seasons.
|school||Record since 2020||Win percent.|