Date: June 12, 2022
Event: Save Mart 350k (Round 16 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Sonoma (California) Raceway (1.99 mile road course, 10 turns)
Format: 110 laps, divided into three stages (25 laps/30 laps/55 laps)
Winner of the race: Trackhouse Racing’s Daniel Suarez
Arrival of the SHR race:
● Kevin Harvick (started 23rd, finished 4th / running, completed 110 of 110 laps)
● Chase Briscoe (started 15th, finished 13th / running, completed 110 of 110 laps)
● Aric Almirola (started 21st, finished 14th / running, completed 110 of 110 laps)
● Cole Custer (started 6th, finished 21st / running, completed 110 of 110 laps)
● Aric Almirola (11th with 423 points, 113 on the first)
● Kevin Harvick (12th with 416 points, 120 on the first)
● Chase Briscoe (13th with 386 points, 150 on the first)
● Cole Custer (27th with 262 points, 274 on the first)
● Harvick won his fourth top five and eighth top 10 of the season. It was his seventh top five and 11th top 10 in 21 career NASCAR Cup Series starts at Sonoma.
● Harvick finished fifth in Stage 2 to earn six bonus points.
● Briscoe notched his eighth top-15 finish of the season and his first top-15 finish in two career NASCAR Cup Series starts at Sonoma.
● Briscoe’s 13th place improved on his previous best finish in Sonoma – 17th, achieved last June.
● Almirola notched his ninth top 15 of the season and his fourth top 15 in 10 NASCAR Cup Series starts at Sonoma.
● Almirola finished fifth in Stage 1 to earn six bonus points and second in Stage 2 to earn an additional nine bonus points.
“A few more laps and I think we would have had a top 10. Our long term speed was really good today. The timing of the warning in the last stage was not in our favor so we had to fight back. These last laps we really had the speed. Proud of this Farmer John Ford team for putting on a great points day. Ready for a weekend off.” – Aric Almirola, driver of the #10 Farmer John Ford Mustang
“Another solid day washed away late after being spun around Turn 11. The guys brought a fast Autodesk/HaasTooling.com Mustang, but nothing to show for it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a year where so much didn’t didn’t go well. Ready to regroup after the week off and turn around.” – #41 Ford Mustang Driver Cole Custer Autodesk / HaasTooling.com
Next step :
The NASCAR Cup Series is enjoying a well-deserved weekend before returning to action on Sunday, June 26 for the Ally 400 at Nashville (Ten.) Superspeedway. The race begins at 5 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by NBC and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.