Date: August 21, 2022
Event: Go bowling! At the Glen (Round 25 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Watkins Glen (NY) International (2.45 mile road course, seven turns)
Format: 90 laps, divided into three stages (20 laps/20 laps/50 laps)
Winner of the race: Kyle Larson of Hendrick Motorsports
Stage 1 Winner: Stewart-Haas Racing’s Chase Briscoe
Stage 2 Winner: Joey Logano of Team Penske
Arrival of the SHR race:
● Cole Custer (started 29th, finished 11th / running, completed 90 of 90 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (started 24th, finished 12th / running, completed 90 of 90 laps)
● Chase Briscoe (started 14th, finished 25th / running, completed 90 of 90 laps)
● Aric Almirola (Started 35th, Finished 29th / Running, completed 90 of the 90 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (8th with 690 points, 232 on the first)
● Chase Briscoe (16th with 571 points, 351 on the first)
● Aric Almirola (18th with 560 points, 362 on the first)
● Cole Custer (26th with 431 points, 491 on the first)
● Custer notched his seventh top-15 finish of the season and his first top-15 finish in two career NASCAR Cup Series starts at Watkins Glen.
● Custer’s 11th place improved on his previous best result at Watkins Glen – 18th, achieved on his first start at the track last August.
● Custer finished ninth in Stage 2 to earn two bonus points.
● Custer once led for seven laps – his first laps led at Watkins Glen.
● It was Harvick’s fourth straight finish with a 12th or better finish at Watkins Glen. He finished eighth in that race last year, seventh in 2019 and 10th in 2018. (NASCAR Cup Series did not race at Watkins Glen in 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions.)
● Briscoe finished first in Stage 1 to earn 10 bonus points and a valuable playoff point.
● Briscoe once led for seven laps – his first laps led at Watkins Glen.
Next step :
The next event on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Coke Zero Sugar 400 on Saturday August 27 at Daytona (Florida) International Speedway. The regular season finale begins at 7 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by NBC and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.