SOUTH BEND, ind.. –The University of Notre Dame women’s tennis team earned a 6-1 victory over the Purdue Boilermakers on Friday night. After getting the doubles point, the Irish went on four straight wins to take the victory.
Notre Dame got the doubles point as Page Freeman and Julia Andreach took a 6-2 victory at No. 1 and Maria Olivia Castedo teamed with Nibedita Ghosh to win 6-3 at No. 3.
Andreach, Freeman, Beckman and Castedo continued their dominance as they all earned straight-set wins. Ghosh added the sixth point as she fought back to win the No. 3 singles steal.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 6, Purdue 1
- Julia Andreach (ND-W) def. Csilla Fodor (PURDUE) 6-3, 6-4
- Page Freeman (ND-O) def. Rut Galindo (PURDUE) 7-6, 6-4
- Nibedita Ghosh (ND-W) defeated. Tara Kataina Milic (PURDUE) 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
- Carrie Beckman (ND-W) def. Juana Larranaga (PURDUE) 7-6, 7-5
- Carmen Gallardo Guev (PURDUE) defeated. Meghan Coleman (ND-O) 5-7, 7-6, 1-0
- Maria Olivia Castedo (ND-W) defeated. Seira Shimizu (PURDUE) 6-1, 6-3
- Page Freeman/Julia Andreach (ND-W) def. Csilla Fodor/Tara Kataina Milic (PURDUE) 6-2
- Meghan Coleman/Carrie Beckman (ND-W) v Nathalia Wolf Gaspar/Rut Galindo (PURDUE) 5-4, unfinished
- Maria Olivia Castedo/Nibedita Ghosh (ND-W) def. Juana Larranaga/Carmen Gallardo Guev (PURDUE) 6-3
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 6-2
The Irish are back in action on Sunday as they head to Evanston for a game against the Northwestern Wildcats